For most people it is difficult to grasp the concept that in order to maintain healthy weight, we need to eat more not less and exercise smart not hard. Positive changes in three major areas of our lifestyle; diet, exercise and stress management can lead to lasting positive effect on our metabolism, making it easier to achieve and maintain healthy weight.
The My MD Weight Loss program is founded on cutting edge and constantly evolving science of metabolic medicine; through an understanding of how your body metabolizes different types of food, what internal/external factors affect your metabolism, the role of hormones and neurotransmitters on weight maintenance and knowledge of various supplements, we have devised a comprehensive strategy for your weight management success.
What we know:
- Starving leads to poor metabolism and poor overall health.
- Stress leads to weight gain, regardless of consumption of extra calories.
- Exercise alone does not cause significant weight loss.
What My MD Weight Loss teaches you:
- Eating the right types of food (not a very low calorie diet) improves metabolism.
- Time your food intake improves your metabolism.
- Regular physical activity in moderation is essential to physical and emotional health.
- Improving your stress management leads to better metabolism.
- Your gut health is essential to lasting weight loss and better health.
What My MD Weight Loss provides you:
- Knowledge: comprehensive lifestyle guidebook
- Support: Our trained staff provides you support throughout your weight management
- List of supplements: aimed to improve metabolic pathways alongside lifestyle changes. Supplements alone cannot lead to weight loss, they are only meant to compliment your healthy lifestyle for energy and metabolic support.
- Prescription for appetite suppressants: Not many of our patients need this and the ones who do get the prescription are encouraged to use the smallest amount for the shortest period of time. But let’s face it, it is not easy to make drastic changes in diet and that is what the prescription will help you go through. Prescription is given at Physician discretion. Appetite suppressants are prescription medications with sometimes serious side effects. They do not lead to weight loss on their own. These medications are only used short term for reducing appetite in the beginning of a weight loss program under close physician supervision.
- Lipotropic B12 (Methyl-cobalamin) B6 Shots: The purpose of lipotropic shots is to improve carbohydrate metabolism; most of our patients tell us these shots help boost their energy levels. These hots by themselves do not lead to weight loss and are only meant to supplement your new lifestyle.
- hCG Shots: With the My MD weight loss program, hCG shots are given after physician evaluation and upon physician discretion for six week period only to qualifying patients. hCG will not make you loose weight. hCG may improve fat loss over muscle loss when you follow a sensible weight management lifestyle.
Hcg is not approved by the FDA for weight loss. The hcg shots themselves are legal, as long as a health care provider gives them to you. (They’re approved to treat fertility issues.) But over-the-counter hCG products are not. The FDA has sent warning letters to several companies that market homeopathic hCG products. We do NOT promote the very low calorie diet as originally suggested by Dr.Simeons. We believe that the Simeons Protocol is dangerous and should NOT be practiced by anyone.
What we do not promote:
- Skipping meals
- Calorie counting
- “Fat burning” supplements
- Excessive exercise
- Anything unnatural or detrimental to your health.
The objective of the metabolic program is to improve your metabolism by inducing a balance of major metabolic hormones, neurotransmitters and improving your gut health through changes in your lifestyle.
We do not recommend packaged or processed food. In fact we believe the exponential increase in the incidence of obesity in US today is the result of influx of packaged and processed food in the last few decades.
We believe in organic, natural food, freshly prepared for maximum nutrition as much as possible.