FAQ – Non-surgical Rhinoplasty in Dallas and Southlake
Correction of Minor Nose imperfections with Radiesse in Dallas and Southlake
Correction of Minor Nose imperfections with Juvderm in Dallas and Southlake
What types of nose imperfections can be corrected or reduced with the non-surgical rhinoplasty?
The non-surgical rhinoplasty is suitable for minor imperfections of the nasal bridge. This procedure can lift and straighten the tip of your nose, reduce the appearance of a bump, a dent or a deviated nasal bridge. The non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers such as Radiesse and Juvederm can increase the height of the nasal bridge while retaining ethnic identity which is a very common request by our Asian clients.
Is the non-surgical rhinoplasty very painful?
We apply a very effective topical numbing crème to the area of treatment for 20-30 minutes before starting the injection which reduces the pain of needle stick. We use Juvederm Ultra Plus XC or Radiesse +, both of these dermal fillers have lidocaine mixed within the product which further reduces the discomfort associated with injection. Most of our patients report minimum pain and discomfort from their treatment.
Is there are any downtime following my non-surgical rhinoplasty?
We tell our patients to expect mild swelling for 3-7 days. The swelling can be reduced with application of pressure and ice immediately following the procedure. Occasionally there may be some bruising following the non-surgical rhinoplasty with Radiesse or Juvederm. Usually our patients can return to work the same day. We
Non-surgical nose job with juvederm. Actual treatment patient, individual results may vary
Which filler is better for my non-surgical rhinoplasty, Radiesse or Juvederm?
Both Radiesse and Juvederm are cosmetic dermal fillers, FDA-approved for facial implantation and have been safely used for a number of years.
Radiesse Volumizing filler is lasts about 12-18 months. Radiesse placement in the nose is not reversible.
Juvederm lasts about 1 year. Juvederm may be a better choice for first time clients who wish to ensure that they like their new look. It is possible to reverse the results of Juvederm within one day by injecting a special enzyme –Hyluronidase, which will dissolve Juvederm.
Will my nose look bigger after the the non-surgical rhinoplasty?
No, Dr. Malik will discuss the amount of dermal filler placed in your nose to reduce the imperfection without notably increasing the size of your nose. In fact, by increasing the height of your nasal bridge, your nose appear smaller.
Why should I consider Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- The non surgical nose correction is a minimally invasive procedure performed with topical and local anesthetic in our office and carries no risk of surgery and general anesthesia.
- There is little to no downtime with the non-surgical nose shaping compared with weeks of swelling and bruising following the surgical nose-job
- As a single treatment, the non-surgical nose shaping is much more affordable since traditional rhinoplasty ; $750 for nonsurgical nose shaping vs about $5000-8000 for the surgical rhinoplasty The cost of non-surgical nose shaping is recurrent and for some people surgical rhinoplasty may be a better option if you consider the lifetime cost of the non-surgical nose shaping.
- Non-surgical nose job is reversible which makes it a great option for those who are not sure about changing the shape of their nose.
- We give you, the patient control over the results of your procedure by having you look in a hand held mirror as Dr. Malik proceeds with the treatment throughout your treatment.
- Results of your non-surgical nose shaping with dermal fillers are subtle, therefore you will look a little better but no one will be able to tell that you had a nose job.
- We have found that the non-surgical nose shaping with dermal fillers is a reasonable choice for teenagers since their face may still be growing which changes their cosmetic needs.
Are there any reasons why the non-surgical rhinoplsty may not be suitable for me?
- Nonsurgical nose shaping is not a suitable treatment for everyone. You may have a type of nasal imperfection that can only be corrected with traditional rhinoplasty surgery.
- Allergies to any of the dermal fillers will make it a contra-indication to use the dermal filler for your treatment.
- Multiple surgeries to the nose may change the structure of the nose and lead to problems with the injection of dermal fillers in this area.
- Infection in the area of treatment is a contraindication for dermal filler placement.
How do I know if the non-surgical nose job will work for me?
The non-surgical Rhinoplasty is effective for many types of minor nose imperfections. This is not an option for all nose imperfections. Some noses need to corrected surgically. You will be evaluated by Dr. Malik before your non-surgical rhinoplasty to make sure that this procedure is right for you.
Call our office to schedule your consultation with Dr. Malik for your non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers in Dallas or Southlake. She will evaluate your nose shape and your goals to determine if the non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers will be the right treatment for you.