Dallas Non-surgical Jaw Reduction |Southlake Non-surgical Jaw Reduction
Dallas Non-surgical Face Slimming | Dallas Non-surgical Facial Contouring
Dallas Botox For Non-surgical Jaw Reduction And Facial Slimming
- Neuromodulators like Botox, Xeomin can be used to relax the jaw muscle for a slimmer, more oval shaped face.
- The jaw reduction with neuromodulators (Botox or Xeomin) works best for individuals with a “very strong” jawline.
- The neuromodulator treatment for jaw reduction is a safe, effective, non-surgical and minimally invasive alternative to facial surgery in the right candidate.
At Naila Malik MD cosmetic and wellness centres in Dallas and Southlake, we offer a non-surgical “Botox” facial slimming or Botox jaw reduction treatment to reduce the size of your masseter or jaw muscle for a slimmer, softer, face.
This procedure is commonly performed for individuals with very strong “masseter” or jaw muscle to soften the facial angles and is ideal for those of you with:
- A more masculine jawline due to overly defined or hypertrophic jaw muscles
- Full cheeks due to masseter muscle thickness at the superior border
- For men and women who want to achieve the look of “heart shaped” face by slimming down lower and middle face which is wider due to hypertrophied masseter muscle, without surgery
- For facial contouring by reducing the size of the upper border of masseter to create the appearance of subtly “hollow cheeks” and more defined cheekbones.
- The procedure may help reduce ‘bruxism’ or teeth grinding
Overdeveloped or bulky masseter muscle presents most commonly as a painless enlargement of the jaw in 20’s to 40’s in men and women on one or both sides of the face resulting in harsh or square jaw angle. Initially, the wide jaw is mostly due to the enlarged masseter muscle but persistently enlarged jaw muscle can eventually lead to bony enlargement of the mandibular angle from constant traction of the muscle.
Several medical treatment options have been utilized to soften the facial angles over the last century. These include non-invasive methods such as the use of oral muscle relaxants and invasive interventions like extensive jaw surgery. Facial jaw surgery is obviously the more aggressive approach and there is a concern of possible nerve damage to the branch of the facial nerve in the area with this procedure. Also, many people prefer non-invasive treatment options for slimming of the face over the surgical route. Botox for muscle relaxation to reduce the size of muscle has been extensively studied for safety and effectiveness as a non-surgical option for slimming the face by reducing the size of the enlarged masseter muscle and subsequently the jaw bone.
Like all treatments, Dr Malik has a conservative approach to lessen the risk of complications such as over-relaxation of the jaw muscles which can lead to fatigue with chewing. At your initial visit, she will evaluate your masseter size and masseter strength and inject BOTOX® in the masseter muscle by defining the area of masseter hypertrophy. Your initial treatment is followed by a check up visit 2 weeks after the treatment. At this time, after evaluating proper relaxation of the masseter and possibly doing a touch-up injection you are scheduled for a 6-week follow-up.
The non-surgical jaw reduction, non-surgical face slimming and non-surgical facial contouring treatment is a quick in-office procedure and involves an injection of a neuromodulator like Botox, Dysport or Xeomin with a very tiny needle into the masseter muscle. The entire procedure is done in about 15 minutes, is virtually painless and has no downtime. Your initial visit starts with your medical history, evaluation of your face shape, your masseter strength and your treatment objective. Your treatment goals and realistic expectations are discussed with you before your treatment. Initial appointment takes about 20-30 minutes and includes your evaluation. The slimming of the face is visible in 1- 2 weeks with a more pronounced reduction in jawline and facial slimming in about 4-6 weeks. Maintenance treatment is needed every 6-8 months to keep the masseter muscle relaxed. Mild bony hypertrophy is reversed with adequate masseter relaxation.
If you think you might be a candidate for non-surgical jaw reduction, call our office 888-210-9693 for a consultation to see if this treatment is right for you.
* Photo is of an actual patient, before and after jaw reduction with neuromodulators.